Blog > September 2013

  I will start by posting the information CRA provides on this matter. You can deduct travel expenses you incur to earn business and professional income. Travel expenses include: public transportation fares; hotel accommodations; and meals. In most cases, the 50% limit applies to the cost of meals, beverages, and entertainment when you travel. We discuss this limit in Meals and entertainment. The 50% limit also applies to the cost of food and beverages served and entertainment enjoyed when you travel on an airplane, train, or bus, when the ticket price does not include such amount...
Posted: 9/15/2013 3:16:17 PM by Gain Plus | with 0 comments

There’s a time when we cannot handle the day to day operations without help. When that day comes we always have this question: Should I hire someone has my employee or just give out portions of the work in contract? Maybe if the work position isn’t there and what you have is just an unusual and seasonal amount of work, you could consider to give away contracts for specific tasks. I’m outlining some of the considerations that are made to define if the work relationship is employer/employee or Service Owner/Service Supplier: 1- Ownership of working tools – An empl...
Posted: 9/12/2013 5:48:53 PM by Gain Plus Meta | with 0 comments


Bookkeepers & Accountants.

My favorite websites


Blog postsRSS